Alycia has been with Platinum for over six years, starting with us under an Apprenticeship Scheme with Cambridge Regional College.
Her original position within the company was as the Lettings Administrator, but Alycia has a real flair for organisational operations within the company and loves nothing more than systemising and organising things which has seen her progress from that role, through that of Lettings Negotiator and now holding the post of Property Management Support.
In her day to day role within the company Alycia is responsible for ensuring all safety testing is kept up to date, helps the Property Managers deal with incoming maintenance issues, supports them with property visit appointments as busy times of the year, processes works identified within property visits and helps Maria massively with day to day functions of the business when it comes to care and maintenance of the database, systems and payment functions. Alycia is also the main person who takes and edits our property photographs, etc.
Alycia has a cheeky and sarcastic sense of humour, and is sharp as a tack, with a very straightforward no nonsense approach which causes some laughs within the team with her witty one liners! She is a great, much valued, member of the Platinum team.
Here’s her 15 Questions….
- How would you describe your job to a child?
We help people find and move into properties, sometimes it could the first time that they are moving out of their childhood home so there can be lots of questions but we are here to help them and guide them through the process.
- What do you like most about your job?
Making people happy and getting the best outcome possible in any situation.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
I would like to say my alarm but I don’t have one, I have the dog crying!
- What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this?
A job which meant I could travel the world.
- What do you consider your biggest achievement to date to be (personal or professional)?
Getting a job as soon as I left secondary school and then passing my driving test as quickly as possible once I was 17.
- If you went back in time and met yourself at 13 years old, what would you tell yourself?
Dream big and don’t stop until you achieved all of them. Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people.
- What three traits define you?
Honest, loyal and hard working
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
How to make the perfect Pornstar Martini cocktail
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?
- What is your favourite activity?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Clearing up after the dog
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching The Only Way is Essex
- What is your motto or personal mantra?
If you don’t try, you’ll never know what will happen
- When was the last time you cried with laughter?
Probably in the office before Covid-19
- If you could be a fictional character, who would you choose?
Disney Princess? Oh wait I already am, silly me!