Carly has worked at Platinum since April 2017. She is by far the loudest and proudest member of the Platinum family (and that’s saying something!). The offices have been rather quiet whilst Carly has been on furlough….
Carly is one of the first to greet anyone on entry to the Platinum offices, it has been known for them to ask ‘do I know you?’ because of just how friendly she can be when doing so.
We discovered that Carly has a ‘yellow’ disk profile one day and I am not sure if we didn’t notice it so much before, but I think we are pretty sure shes become more ‘yellow’ the longer we have worked with her 🤣.
Being very people oriented and very passionate Carly prefers the part of the job where she is front facing customer service most of all and, as such, her position as Lettings Negotiator gets her out and about meeting all sorts of people for viewings.
Lets get to know her more with her 15 questions.
- How would you describe your job to a child? “I have the fun job – I get to help nice people look for a lovely new place to live!”
- What do you like most about your job? I love that my role involves meeting and talking to new people every day. (That’s what I’ve missed the most during lockdown)
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? A cup of tea and a very hungry cat!
- What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this? Years ago I used to show and sell my artwork, so I would have to say painting. When I was little I wanted to be a Firefighter.
- What do you consider your biggest achievement to date to be (personal or professional)? Learning to drive has been a huge achievement for me; it is both a personal and professional triumph! I’m looking forward to passing my test this year so that I can go on loads of adventures with my daughter and fully develop my role at Platinum.
- If you went back in time and met yourself at 13 years old, what would you tell yourself? Blue mascara does not look as good as you think it does (it was the 90’s) and never forget how formidable you are.
- What three traits define you? Loyalty, vivacity and tenacity
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? This time last year I’d have said driving… But now that’s a tricky question… I hate to sound cliché, but I wish I could speak a foreign language with any degree of fluency.
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? Go for a run with my dogs or a yoga practice. Healthy body and a healthy mind.
- What is your favourite activity? If it’s an indoor day I could literally read from dawn until dark. If we’re outdoors I love to hike; The Lake District is one of my favourite places on Earth!
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes; the first thing going in to our new kitchen is a dishwasher.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? I rarely feel guilty about pleasure… But I have a very persuasive sweet tooth.
- What is your motto or personal mantra? “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours” (Dolly Parton)
- When was the last time you cried with laughter? I was sat with Tom on the sofa the other evening chatting about our first date nearly 9 years ago… We still split our sides about a conversation we overheard a very loud man having! If you want to see two people crease up ask us where Browns is…
- If you could be a fictional character, who would you choose? I don’t think I could choose one… So, Lara Croft (She has been my Tomb Raiding heroine since I was 8) Vin (Mistborn, Brandon Sanderson) or Daenerys Targaryn (who doesn’t want to ride about on dragons?!)