Lauren has only been with Platinum Properties a short time and was recruited as part of the Modern Apprenticeship Scheme, a scheme which Maria has widely supported having initially begun her career in the same fashion and believing very much that modern apprenticeships are the way forward for young people to gain practical experience, widening their skills base and gain a recognised qualification at the same time.
From the moment she joined Platinum Properties Lauren has been really keen and eager to progress and has thrown herself into her training with gusto.
There is something very refreshing about Lauren and her approach, her sunny personality and the fact that she is so polite and quiet, but so honest. Lauren also hides a very quick wit underneath. She is settling well into the team with lots more training to come once things return to a bit more normality!
- How would you describe your job to a child?
I help families or people who want to look for a new home that will have everything they need.
- What do you like most about your job?
I love the fact I am a part of helping those that need to find a new home and making people happy.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Knowing that I get to see my other family (The PP Family) and having laughs.
- What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this?
100% be a paramedic
- What do you consider your biggest achievement to date to be (personal or professional)?
My biggest achievement was passing my driving test first time, with positive attitude brings positive times.
- If you went back in time and met yourself at 13 years old, what would you tell yourself?
I would tell my 13 year old self to never give up, if something doesn’t work out it wasn’t meant to be, even if you can’t work out why, and to never take things for granted.
- What three traits define you?
Passionate, caring and definitely stubborn I don’t know how people put up with me 😂.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn more about space and the universe.
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?
This depends what mood I’m in, most of the time I research and learn new things or I will catch up on something I have been meaning to do for a while.
- What is your favourite activity?
My favourite activity is baking with my sisters, teaching them how to cook.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
I hate washing/ironing clothes but I’m sure when I move out myself that’ll change 😂.
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate cheesecake 😋
- What is your motto or personal mantra?
Everything happens for a reason.
- When was the last time you cried with laughter?
The last time I cried with laughter was getting drunk during this Lockdown with my best friend and partner, just having fun.
- If you could be a fictional character, who would you choose?
Moana, I love adventures, I’m ambitious and terrified sometimes but I carry on.