Sophie joined Platinum back in 2018, in the February, coming from another well known agent having gained a good grounding in Property Management. She took over the Soham to Cambridge portfolio of properties, no mean feat at the time! She has made the portfolio her own though and quickly gained the trust of her landlords and tenants.
Sophie is extremely kind, patient, thoughtful and caring in everything she does and this has seen her build lovely working relationships with her landlords and tenants throughout her time at Platinum. It also makes her very suited to property management and means that she really does try to do her best by all her clients and customers and goes the extra mile.
Sophie has built very strong bonds with her colleagues at Platinum, she is so genuine in everything that she does and her kindness is infectious. She also has the most quick witted sense of humour of anyone we know, considering how quiet and considered Sophie can be in her approach you’ll sometimes just hear her pipe up with the most hilarious anecdote all of a sudden…. Sophie brightens the office with her sunny personality and it just wouldn’t be the same without her.
- How would you describe your job to a child? When something goes wrong in a house I make sure the problem gets fixed (to put it very simply!)
- What do you like most about your job? I like meeting so many different people, and I always find it interesting to see how different a house can look with each tenancy. I also love the ladies I work with!
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? My alarm and a dog walk! (and lots of coffee – I’m not a morning person).
- What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this? Something creative. I’ve always wanted to make wedding stationery but have never got round to it…
- What do you consider your biggest achievement to date to be (personal or professional)? Buying a house with my boyfriend Tom was a pretty big achievement for me 😊 it took a long time as lots of unexpected things got in the way but we got there eventually!
- If you went back in time and met yourself at 13 years old, what would you tell yourself? Make the most of your teenage years and don’t stress the small stuff.
- What three traits define you? Caring, creative and an over-thinker!
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I’d love to be able to play the piano! Or to be able to speak another language fluently.
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? Probably cleaning or reading – I love a good book.
- What is your favourite activity? A trip to the beach or the forest for a nice long walk with Tom and our dog Bailey.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I don’t like putting the washing away – mainly because I can never find space for my clothes (perhaps a sign that I’ve got too many?)
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Playing ‘Animal Crossing’ on Nintendo Switch… it was my favourite game as a child so I just had to buy it!
- What is your motto or personal mantra? Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth!
- When was the last time you cried with laughter? A few weeks ago on the sofa with Tom – probably over a silly video on Facebook.
- If you could be a fictional character, who would you choose? Ariel, because The Little Mermaid was my favourite Disney film growing up!
Does anyone else notice a Disney theme emerging here? We promise you don’ t have to love Disney to work at Platinum, although it might help…..